Piano Concertos and Rhapsody
July 26-27, 2016 - Accademia Pianistica Siciliana, Catania- ITALY
August 3,4,6, 2016 - Basilica San Sebastiana, Acireale- ITALY
For more informations write to:
Accademia Pianistica Siciliana, Catania, Italy
Basilica San Sebastiana, Acireale. Italy
Teatro Massimo Vincenzo Bellini in Catania
Rachmaninov Piano Concertos and Rhapsody
Accademia Pianistica Siciliana, Catania / Basilica di San Sebastiano, Acireale - ITALY
July 26-27 / August 3-4-6, 2016
"Rachmaninov Piano Concertos and Rhapsody Youth Project"
is an international project on Rachmaninov's music for Piano and orchestra.
This project provides the opportunity for young musicians under the age of 29 to play all the Piano Concertos and the Rhapsody by Sergei Rachmaninov with a Symphony orchestra in public concerts.
The Project is organized by the
Accademia Pianistica Siciliana
in collaboration with the
Sergei Rachmaninov International Award
and this project is under the patronage of
Vladimir Ashkenazy –
world famous Pianist, Conductor and the
2014 “Sergei Rachmaninov International Award” winner.
The new International project wants to involve the young generation of musicians with the goal of promoting music by Sergei Rachmaninov throughout the world.
The Rachmaninov Piano Concertos and Rhapsody Youth Project 2016
also has involved the following prestigious institutions as partners:
- Teatro Massimo Vincenzo Bellini in Catania
- Nonsolo CLASSICA
- Moscow Tchaikovsky Conservatory,
(where Sergei Rachmaninov studied);
The international project will be held at Accademia Pianistica Siciliana
on July 25, 26 in Catania, Italy and August 3, 4, 6 at the Basilica San Sebastiana in Acireale, Italy
All performances with the Festival orchestra will be under the baton of the Chairman of the “Rachmaninov Piano Concertos and Rhapsody Youth Project”, Epifanio Comis, who is a distinguished
pianist, conductor and teacher and also winner of the
2013 “Sergei Rachmaninov International Award”.
April 1, 2016 - Applications available
May 15, 2016 - Applications deadline
May 20, 2016 - Announcement of selected competitors
July 1, 2016 - Last day to make repertoire changes
July 25, 2016 - Welcome reception for competitors and general orientation
July 26, 2016 – Auditions with second piano
July 27, 2016 – Auditions with second piano
August 3,4,6, 2016 – Auditions with Festival Orchestra
August 6, 2016 – Final concert
August 6, 2016 - Awards Ceremony
1. The auditions are open to pianists of any nationality who are not older than 29 on July 29th, 2016
2. The deadline for submitting all application material is May 15th, 2016.
3. A maximum of 25 pianists will be admitted to the audition with second piano accompaniment in Accademia Pianistica Siciliana.
4. A maximum of 10 pianists will be admitted to audition with the Symphony orchestra in Acireale.
5. Only the five best performers of all the piano concertos and the Rhapsody by Rachmaninov will be selected for the Final Concert.
6. All selected performers will be responsible for their travel expenses as well as lodging and board expenses.
7. All works must be performed by memory.
8. The decision of the jury is final and cannot be appealed by anyone.
- Rachmaninov Piano Concertos and Rhapsody application deadline – May 15th, 2016.
- Announcement of selected competitors - May 20th, 2016.
- 25-27 July, 2016 – First auditions with second piano accompaniment in Mantova Conservatory. The Jury will choose not more than 10 performers for the next audition with the Festival Orchestra.
- 28 July, 2016 – Audition accompanied by Festival Orchestra at the Basilica San Sebastiana in Acireale, Italy. The Jury will choose the best 5 performers of all PianoConcertos and Rhapsody by Sergei Rachmaninov for the Final concert.
- 29 July, 2016 – Final concert with orchestra and award ceremony of
the best 5 performers in Basilica san Sebastiana in Acireale, Italy
All applicants must send their own CV and program
via email to - firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must submit a non-refundable application fee of 250 Euro
via Bank account by May 20th 2016.
In some cases, foreign competitors will need visas and will be
responsible for securing them. The RPC&RYP will assist as needed after competitors are announced.
During the Final concert with orchestra , the best five performers will be awarded by
-Honorary Diplomas, signed by Maestro Vladimir Ashkenazy
-the Complete Rachmaninov piano works recordings box CD DECCA performed by Vladimir Ashkenazy
-The five best pianists selected will play in the official
Concert Season 2016/17 at Teatro Massimo Bellini in Catania.